New accounts and important notes
Setting up a Business account
- For the first hire, we require an official order on company headed paper detailing your requirements.
- A filled in copy of our 'Conditions of Business' form must be signed by an authorised person and returned to us: see them here.
- A copy of your 'Goods In Trust'/ 'All Risks' insurance must be supplied, either by email or fax or on collection of the equipment.1
- The hire charge, and any transport costs, must be paid before the hire.
- The second hire must have an official order (as will all subsequent hires) and be paid for.
Setting up a Personal account or hiring for once only
- For the first hire, the equipment must be collected from our premises.
- At this time, a passport or photo driving licence or other recognised photo identification, must be presented.2
- Two utility bills showing that the client resides at the stated address will also be required.
- A filled in copy of our 'Conditions of Business' form must be signed and returned to us: see them here.
- The first two hires must be paid for on or before the hire collection commences.
- A copy of your 'Goods In Trust'/ 'All Risks' insurance must be supplied, either by email or fax or on collection of the equipment, OR a deposit set at a level determined by the replacement value and its area of use (see Methods of Payment).
Methods of payment
- Our preferred method of payment is by debit card.
- When payment is made by credit card for the deposit, a surcharge will apply to cover card processing fees (details available on request).
- Should the value of any damages or missing items or extended hire be greater than the deposit then we will discuss with the client how this will be paid for.
- BACS payments are accepted for the hire and full deposit, as long as monies are received into our bank account before release of the equipment.
- If payment for the hire is by cash then some other form of surety for the safe return of the equipment will be needed.
- All prices quoted are EXCLUSIVE OF TRANSPORT and V.A.T.
- The minimum hire charge is £20 (excluding VAT).
- The prices herein quoted are daily rates. Weekly hire is charged as 4 days, unless otherwise stated.
- Discretionary discounts may apply to your hire, based on length of hire.
- Equipment and services can only be supplied in accordance with the Company's Conditions of Business. Accordingly, clients are advised to insure every facet of the project upon which they are engaged, against ALL risks. The conditions require the client to pay for loss or damage at current replacement cost.
- Unless otherwise agreed, equipment will normally be available for collection from 3:30pm on the working day before the hire commences.
- The Company reserves the right to charge additional hire for equipment not returned by 11am the next working day after hire ends.
- Missing items not returned within 7 days of notification will be charged for.
- Clients own equipment returned to us in error, or sent to us for repair, will be deemed lost property if not claimed within 6 months of notification of availability.
1 If this is not available then a deposit, set at a level determined by the replacement value and its area of use, will be needed.
2 If the circumstances dictate that the person cannot attend in person, e.g. because of locality, other arrangements may be
permitted but stringent rules apply.